Pawpaw which is also known as Papaya is a multipurpose fruit. It is proven that it is rich in Pro-vitamin A Carotenoids, Vitamins B and C, fibre and minerals. In fact, it has several health benefits and it is also good for skin. Pawpaw is commonly and widely consumed as a fruit and as an ingredient for some dishes. Aside from these, it is also used in many skin care products such as 'Pawpaw Skin Cream, Pawpaw Ointment, Pawpaw Cream' and the like Pawpaw skin care products.
Benefits of Pawpaw - As a fruit
1. Pawpaw is rich in Papain which helps in regulating the function of digestive system. It helps in breaking down protein into amino acid. In addition, it is good for the regulation of bowel movement to prevent constipation. Intestinal parasites are also killed and destroyed by its juice.
2. Pawpaw is good for the prevention of Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Pawpaw boosts and strengthens the immune system which in turn prevents bacterial infection and flu. It also prevents stomach infections.
4. Pawpaw is very low in calories yet it remains as a very healthy fruit. Thus, it helps in losing weight in a very healthy way too.
5. Pawpaw is a rich source of potassium. It is also helps in controlling the levels of cholesterol.
6. The leaf of Pawpaw is used to treat malaria.
Benefits of Pawpaw in skin care
1. Pawpaw contains self-healing properties which immediately soothes and calms the skin. Ointment made of Pawpaw is commonly used to treat Stings, rashes, boils, cuts and burns.
2. Pawpaw has natural skin exfoliating properties too. Pawpaw cream or scrub is used for removing dead skin cells, dislodge dirt and blackheads.
3. Pawpaw is great anti-aging ingredient in skin care products. It helps in firming the skin and tightening the pores.
4. Pawpaw is a good skin clarifier. Lotion or cream made of Pawpaw is used to tone the skin through removing acnes and blemishes.
5. Pawpaw is also used as a hair conditioner. The extracts of Pawpaw give the hair extra smooth and shine. It also contributes to prevention and treatment of dandruff.
6. Pawpaw which has Papain delays signs of aging through renewing the cells of the skin and provides a more youthful looking skin.
7. Pawpaw is rich in hydrating and restorative properties. It helps in keeping the skin hydrated and smooth. Pawpaw is an excellent choice for the remedy of dry skin.